My time abroad provided me with the opportunity to meet extraordinary people and see many different perspectives regarding international issues. I learned just as much from my peers than I did in the classroom. The different teaching styles taught me to be versatile, and I think I offered them new perspectives on middle America. There were trials and obstacles whether from the traveling or academic, but I feel much more adept to new situations and people. My program consists of foreign students, from all over the world but concentrations of developing countries. I was able to really feel the pulse of developing people, what their cares and concerns are, which is one of the most relevant lessons I learned. Overall it was such an amazing opportunity to be able to participate in this program, and for all the trouble and obstacles I had to overcome I would do it again without question.
Jada Thompson, grad student, ag economics
No comments:
Post a Comment