Brown - arts - "Villa D'Este"



This experience has taught me a lot about the different cultures I will encounter in my line of work. I have learned how to live on my own in a foreign country and adapt to the community and way of life. It has been a wonderful experience. As well as study, I was able to travel to other non-English speaking countries, which posed challenges for me that I would not have otherwise come up against. It was eye-opening and it made me use problem-solving skills that I never thought I would have to use while over here. In particular, I was able to visit countries involved in my family history. Ireland was one of them. I was lucky enough to travel there with my parents, both of whom had Irish ancestors. Italy, too, was breathtaking and these fountains pictured were one of the most wondrous things I saw. The rainbow in them was caught by accident, but it adds more depth and color to the already bright and vibrant villa.

Full name: Marie Kate Brown
Major: Hospitality and Restaurant Management
Hometown: Overland Park, KS
Study Abroad Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Date of Photo: March 13, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment