Robertson - Physical- "Sunrise Before Safari"



Our very first experience in South Africa was in camping in a wildlife reserve outside of Johannesburg. We slept on the cold, hard ground in damp tents, and woke up almost every morning to grey skies and fog. We enjoyed our time out in the country immensely, but we were disappointed not to see the sun. The last morning we spent camping, the bright sun rose proudly and lit the savannah and hills in a golden haze. We had one last farewell hike before we dismantled the tents, packed up camp, and headed back into town.
The study abroad experience itself was completely eye-opening. I saw people of every ethnicity, ate interesting foods, saw two oceans at one time and lived my life more full than I ever had before. It was an inspiration that I continually draw from, and I am thankful for the opportunity that the University of Arkansas has given me through my study abroad experience.

Erin Rose Robertson
English major, Spanish/History minor
Green Forest, Arkansas
UA South Africa Tour (photo taken in Botswana) July 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment