Pryor - Physical - "Hungry in Hungary"


Short story: In the past 3 months of my stay in Graz, Austria and my holiday travels around Europe, I've seen hundreds of historically important buildings, monuments, bridges, and even Roman ruins, but it amazes me that in the middle of such urban development and centuries old relics there can exist a small, imported area of interest: a zoo. As an American, I'm impressed by all the history embedded in the architecture of Europe, but I’m amazed that Europeans, having thousands of years of their own history, will take their children to a zoo in the middle of the city so that they can feed camels with extremely sticky, hay-smelling saliva. It’s a welcome reminder that whatever may amaze me, there’s always more out there in the rest of the world and that more than anything makes me love my decision to study abroad and see a small part of it.

Full name: Christopher Pryor
Major: German & French
Hometown: Springdale, AR
Study abroad location: Karl-Franzens Universitaet in Graz, Austria (Photo taken on Spring Break in Budapest, Hungary)
Date of photo: April 9, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment