Brown - physical - "Scottish Sunset"



This experience has taught me a lot about the different cultures I will encounter in my line of work. I have learned how to live on my own in a foreign country and adapt to the community and way of life. It has been a wonderful experience. As well as study, I was able to travel to other non-English speaking countries, which posed challenges for me that I would not have otherwise come up against. It was eye-opening and it made me use problem-solving skills that I never thought I would have to use while over here. In particular, I was able to visit countries involved in my family history. Ireland was one of them. I was lucky enough to travel there with my parents, both of whom had Irish ancestors. This trip was awe-inspiring and, to put it
simply, magical.

I've seen such beautiful landscapes in the Highlands of Scotland, on the Irish coast at the Cliffs of Moher, but the most beautiful things I've seen, by far, are the sunsets over the Scottish hills and waters. When the sun reflects off of the water and brightens up the green pastures, it strikes such a beautiful contrast and the result is outstanding.

I would never have gotten these experiences if I had stayed in Fayetteville all four years. I have grown as a person with this opportunity and I would recommend it to anyone else looking to further educate themselves. The lessons learned are priceless.

Full name: Marie Kate Brown
Major: Hospitality and Restaurant Management
Hometown: Overland Park, KS
Study Abroad Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Date of Photo: March 13, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment